How to Identify and Hire a Panel Beater
Where Are All the Great Melbourne-Based Panel Beaters At?!
Many Australian men and women take great pride in the performance of their cars, second only to pride in their appearance.
Automotive body repair is usually referred to in this country as panel beating. The primary activity of businesses in this industry is the forceful manipulation and hammering of smashed body panels into their required shape. When panels need to be reshaped to their original form, it may also include body modification in order to conform to transport laws or just for appearance purposes.
The main services offered by our car repair company are repairs, panel beating, and expert application of quality, professional painting services for automobiles. Also included are expert replacing and tinting if necessary of glass, and repairing all of your damaged motor vehicles. Car wash or cleaning services are provided and applied to vehicles to give them the a ‘like new’ shine at the end of each repair.
What Great Panel Beaters Do For You
- Working with a panel beater should always include a detailed work estimate being prepared, indicating all that is required to get the vehicle back to it’s original appearance. This is something that you shouldn’t have to ask for, so if you find yourself not getting one, it should raise a red flag. Ask for it immediately before allowing the garage to commence any work.
- A good panel beater will use measuring systems to check specific points of the car against the original sizing dimensions provided by the manufacturer. Automotive cleaning products are then applied, followed by a tar and insect remover solution to strip away layers of wax and grease, and any rust is removed by sanding and a circular saw. Panels are then beaten with planishing hammers in order to remove metal dents.
- Whenever appropriate your car’s parts are repaired, but severely damaged units might have to be replaced. However, trained body repair technicians with proper expertise will repair sheet metal and plastics so incredibly it is difficult to find damage indications once the job is completed.
- If you can still see slight dents or imperfections following the completion of any panel work, question the garage and have them complete it to the standard you want. Make sure you do this prior to the vehicle leaving the panel beaters premises as it can be difficult to bring the vehicle back in once it has left the shop floor.
- Metals may be straightened using hydraulic and mechanical tools and any replacement or repaired sections can be expertly rejoined using welding techniques.
Other processes undertaken by great panel beater companies include re-upholstery of seats and floors and rust proofing and undercoating of completely repaired automotive bodies.
If you have suffered the trauma of a smash causing damage to your cherished vehicle, contact PJS Panels now for a written estimate for repairing your car to ‘like new’ condition and let us handle all the insurance red tape and excuses.
You will have our best service and skills together with our lifetime guarantee at your disposal. Contact PJS Panels today.